Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Baby Shower's 7th gift, tag your next!

A couple of blogs ago I posed a question on how true it was that the 7th gift opened at a baby shower signals out the next mommy to be. Well I found evidence of it being true.
I know from personal experience that my friend who gave me my 7th gift was already 3 months pregnant and had not told anyone. Most people know about the girl that catches the bouquet at a wedding to be the next bride, but the 7th gift tradition at a baby showers is not as popular. Here is one of the few links I found mentioning it: http://www.reallifesolutions.net

Now if the 7th gift given comes from a woman who can’t have children then the tradition defaults to the next gift opened at the baby shower.

This is fun at any baby shower. It makes great conversation and it breaks the ice among people that might not know each other, not to mention there really might be another reason to celebrate another baby shower.

3 comments:

Auntie Em said...

You won a prize at the Cyber Baby Shower. Please email us at cyberbabyshower@gmail.com.

Unknown said...

You won a prize! Get over here and claim it.

PMKU said...

WOW - That is pretty cool. I didn't know this. I wish I would have known because we were just at a shower a month ago but I don't know who the 7th gift came from! hmmmm